You visted? Whoa...thanks.

Friday, October 16, 2009

It's an Asian Invasion.

Yes...the time has come. Everything great about asian music has invaded my heart, mind and soul. I remember the time when it all started...the summer of 2008.

Thanks to my dad who came back from the Philippines bought me this drama called, "Hana Kimi" taiwanese version. That is what started all of this. While watching that silly and fun drama, which had a horrible ending that got me pissed, I came across a man named Wu Chun.
"Yes....this man was my first asian love..."
And by noticing this gorgeous buff man, I discovered my first and probably only m-pop group, I learned of a group named Fei Lun Hai aka Fahrenheit. When I found out that this guy was in a group, I was like, "What? Not only is he sexy but he can sing too?!" Well...that's like half right. He's okay when it comes to singing and his dancing ability...let's just say his attempts are cute. Now, my whole world revolved around Fei Lun Hai and thought that there is nothing else that can be better than my Fei Lun Hai. Oh...how wrong was I to even think that.

Now, the Taiwanese music began to slowly fade away while a good friend of mine introduced me to the realm of Korean Pop Music. What I discovered from the Korean pop music scene is how is it possible for there to be so many SEXY korean men? It's just not possible how there are so many good-looking men in the K-pop music industry. It really amazes me. And the group that has stolen my heart and is still there until now is the infamous 13 member korean boy group Super Junior.

Back row (L to R): Kibum, Shindong, Yesung, Hankyung, Siwon, Kyuhyun, Kangin, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk
Front row (L to R): Sungmin, Donghae, Ryeowook, Heechul

Oh goodness...my love for this group is too hard to express. I cannot get enough of this group and for some people they wonder how I can like a group who have that many people. And to be honest, I don't know why. All 13 of them bring smiles to face, tears to my eyes, and so much laughter that I have fallen off of my bed laughing so hard. But whenever I have to give an answer, I just say, "Well...I like variety when it comes to my men." Super Junior has a variety of people in it, that's for sure. You've got the funny ones, sexy ones, talkative ones that never shut up, cute ones...the list goes on. They are for sure my #1 Korean pop boy group right now and it will probably stay that way. Of course I like a lot of other kpop groups, but I'll save that for another time.

And lastly, a J-rock group entered my life and like my taiwanese group, it probably is the only J-rock group that I am really into. I stumbled upon this group when I realized that I have basically watched every subbed Super Junior video out there and there was nothing new from the group. So, I decided to take a break from the k-pop scene and try some Japanese music. Another good friend of mine gave me a list of j-rock groups and there was one that caught my attention in the first five seconds. That j-rock group is none other than Alice Nine.

From Left to Right: Tora, Saga, Shou, Nao, Hiroto
Oh yes...I was very into this group. Not so much now, but I will have my moments when I just need to listen to japanese music and I immediately listen to my Alice Nine playlist. The reason why I liked this group and not the others that were given to me is because they're not so hardcore. I did listen to screamo and stuff a year or two ago, but this group has a nice balance of hard rock and mellow tunes. They do not over do it and I like that.

So, probably like most people, I got affected by the invasion of asian music and become a follower. And since I've got to wake up early tomorrow, I shall end it here.

Signing off,

KpopxFanatic





No comments:

Post a Comment