You visted? Whoa...thanks.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

FT Island...You Have Grown + Sidebar Update

So FT Island made their comeback last Friday with their new song "Love, Love." Honestly, I am so happy that they are back performing in Korea now. I'm glad that they were trying to break through the Japanese scene but I really wanted my rock band to come back and perform. CN Blue was a good filler but nothing beats my first, which is FT Island. What I noticed when I saw them perform was that they have matured and grown within one year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As you can see above, these are past and present pics of how FT Island looks like now. The top picture is how they look like now while the picture below is how they look like roughly a year ago. I have to say that when I saw the top photo the first thought that came to me was "FT Island came back as men." Yeah...the comment is corny or lame, but don't you think it's true? Look at the bottom pic. What you see are a bunch of guys with boyish charms. I feel a young and childish aura around them. Now glance over to the top picture and try telling me that you don't feel something has changed from who they were a year ago.

Sure, I guess the theme of the photo shoot plays a key role in it...but I watched the making of that top photo shoot and they seem more mature to me. They still are playful but I don't know...something just feels different. I know that I sound like that I'm contradicting myself...but that's how I feel. The member that I felt it the most from was the maknae, Minhwan. I remember in the beginning Minhwan was this hyper kid who always did aegyo...in other words act cute. I mean, so cute that your hands and feet are curling at how childish he is. Now look at him! He lost his baby fat and now he has a very defined face...no longer the little boy. He truly came back as a man and it really took me by surprise. If you're not too familiar with FT Island or you can't seem to know who Minhwan is in both pictures....in the TOP picture he is in the MIDDLE and in the BOTTOM picture he is the one on the LEFT.

Other than the fact that they have changed appearance wide, I read an article that I found quite interesting. Along with their comeback FT Island decided to not call themselves an 'IDOL' group anymore so they can become a real band. Honestly, this is bittersweet for me. The thing about idol groups is that you get to see them on variety shows and such other than performances. But they stated themselves that they're focusing on becoming a real band and are lessening the chances of being on variety on shows. Now I know that Hongki has been on a couple but I think it might just be him going on shows since he's got the most experience. But that's just the bitter part. Trust me, there is more SWEET than bitter. I always knew from the beginning that FT Island wanted to be known more than just an 'Flower Group.' They are musicians and want to be known as great musicians who have gotten together to form a band. I know that shift is a very courageous move and I applaud them for being brave enough to go through it. I understand that they may have lost a good amount of their fanbase...but the numbers that are gone do not matter. It's the number of fans who have decided to stick with them because they weren't fans on a superficial level. Those fans, including me, fell in love with the music that they play with all their hearts. FT Island deserves to be known for more than their looks and I'm willing to do my part by continuing to support them.

Anyways, I cannot wait to see FT Island promote their album. I hope that they'll still be on the music stages when B2ST makes their comeback.

[Sidebar Update] - Can't Stop Thinking About: WTF SUNGMIN?!

KxF

No comments:

Post a Comment