You visted? Whoa...thanks.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

4 Years.

Has it really been that long?  Yes...apparently it has.  Four years have passed since I've posted anything on this blog, and my last post wasn't even kpop related.  A lot has happened during the four years that I've put a rest to the fangirl life.  And if there's one thing I've learned during that time, it's this. 


Kpop and being a fangirl never really leaves you. 

I think it's correct to say that I never really stopped being a kpop fangirl.  It was more like that part of me decided to take a break, which led to hibernation and becoming dormant.  Now, it wasn't like kpop never existed these past years.  I'd still update myself from time to time, even watched a concert or two.  It's just that the level of interest I had didn't reach one of a fangirl.  So, I've neglected this blog.  To the point where the photos I've used got replaced by something entirely different because the photo sharing website I used probably doesn't even exist anymore.  And I don't even know what it was!  Which is a bummer in all honesty, but that's what happens when you don't use something for so long. 

Now you may be wondering, (who am I even referring to??)..."What is the purpose of this post and what am I getting at?" Well, here it is. 


I am back!  The fangirl has awakened and kpop matters again!!!
[cue cricket sounds]

Okay.  I know I wrote the same thing a few posts back...in 2011.  But I mean it this time!   I find myself listening to kpop more than the radio, watching music videos, live performance, and looking everywhere for subbed videos.  And this has been going on since roughly August of 2014!  I am 90% sure that this is not a false alarm and kpop is back in my life.  Which could be seen as a good thing or a bad thing, if speaking truthfully.  

You may be thinking, (really..who am I referring to??)...what make this time different than last time?  Well, let me tell you in three words. 




 photo exo20logo_zpshxifgdzn.jpg photo go720logo202_zpsesnawjua.jpg   photo vixx20logo_zpsifh3vdi2.jpg


These three groups reeled me back into the world of kpop and exactly in that order.  I won't go too much into detail, since I might make it into a separate blog post, but these group of kpeens did it for me.  Also, it helps when you have friends that got into them around the same time you did.  Or was into them before you and got you interested in them.  So the kpop fangirl continues to thrive as it feeds off the enthusiasm my friends have whenever we watch mvs together or do dance practices.  And it's always way more fun when you fangirl with others, even if the level of fangirl-ness is different. 


Now, I know saying something doesn't mean anything unless I actually start posting stuff that aren't months apart.  And honestly, I'm hoping that I do get back into the groove again.  But I know that starting from this post, it's not going to be like before.  Four years have passed, I'm older now.  I was a young thing back then who just had to have the closest seats no matter the cost, and skip class to drive all the way to LAX to see these kpop idols for only a couple of seconds.  That's most likely not going to be the case this time around.  I have a full time job now from Monday to Friday and I know how valuable money is.  I can't just afford to pay $300 for pool seats at KMF not knowing who's coming as easily as before.  Don't have the energy to book a room at the same hotel they're staying at and run around LA to hope to bump into kpeens.  So I'm going to get the second best or average seat.  Or even miss the concert/fan meeting because I have work or it's just too expensive.  Bottom line is, the amount of money I'm going to be paying to see an idol correlates to how much I really like them.  And how much is in my bank account...but mostly how much I like them LOL.  


ANYWAYS.  I'll do my darnest to not go MIA after this post.  Till next time! (hopefully some time soon...)


KxF

No comments:

Post a Comment