You visted? Whoa...thanks.

Friday, October 15, 2010

B2ST 1 Year Anniversary

It's been year. The rookie boy group by the name of B2ST or BEAST have reached the one year mark. It seriously feels like it was only yesterday that I read an allkpop article mentioning three new idol boy groups were going to debut; B2ST, MBLAQ, and Z:EA. Among those three, it was the group B2ST that caught my attention. I never imagined that it was going to evolve into something so much more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I want to honestly say that I thought that I would forever love Super Junior and they would always by my current fandom. But there is a reason why it is called a first love. Super Junior will always be my first love and have a special place in my heart. Hell...without Super Junior I wouldn't have gotten into kpop. Of course...the inevitable happened and another group entered my life, and it is this group right here...B2ST.

This was your beginning B2ST. All of you have been dreaming of the day where you were no longer trainees but singers. You debuted with the song BAD GIRL and displayed a cute and playful performance. The passion that all of you exuded is different from the other idols out there. The six of you have tasted failure and know that is something that you guys do not want to experience again. This drives you guys to work harder to show a better and more improved side of yourselves to the media, your sunbae, and your fans.

I also want to say that B2ST has yet to disappoint us B2UTIES whenever they have a comeback or do their follow up song. They continue to get better and better with each song that they sing and rap. The song that got them on the charts was MYSTERY. After that song, they worked their way to reach the top. You got songs like SHOCK, Say No, Easy, Oasis, etc.

Now, what I want to do just write my thoughts about each member on how they've grown and how my outlook on them has changed as well. Sure, it might make this blogpost long but it's an important day. So I'm sure you all can understand, yea?


YOON DOO JOON. An 89-er and the leader of this awesome and talented group. I just want to point out that there is always a great responsibility when you are given the role as a leader. You DooJoon have been doing a great job as a leader. I'm not just talking about how you care for the other members, but how great you are with the fans as well. When you were here in LA, you made sure to acknowledge the fans with your smile and waves. I really truly believe that you are a nice guy. But putting aside your personality, you have the whole package. You have the voice, dance skills, MC skills, and have the gag instinct flowing through you. From when I got to try know each of the members, you have grown on me. I don't know if it's because I saw you help poverish people, being the spazz that you are, or the fact that you wore a shirt that was actually meant for Yoseob. All I know is that I can't imagine anyone else being B2ST leader and please know DooJoon that you are doing a great job. This was not given to you at randomly. You DooJoon were chosen because you have traits of a leader. Your members believe in you, I believe in you...and I'm sure all of the B2UTIES all over world believe in you.



JANG HYUN SEUNG. An 89-er who I personally believe is B2ST's best dancer. Now this guy...I am so glad that he was able to join CUBE Entertainment and be a part of B2ST. After what happened with the whole being cut from Big Bang took a toll on him and it seemed as if he lost his way. So I can say that I'm thankful that he decided to give the whole idol thing another chance. As goofy and 4D as he is, he is among one of the members that is a perfectionist. Whenever it comes to his dancing, he monitors himself and gets affected by a little mistake...so he stays up late at night dancing the same moves over and over again. When it comes to commitment Hyun seung is right up there. Truthfully speaking...I am ashamed to say this...but you Hyun Seung were the last member for me to warm up to. I blame the hair..not that I'm making any excuses. But now...man. I absolutely love you. You are one hilarious guy that can make me laugh for hours...whether I'm laughing with you or at you whenever you pull one of your odd weird moments. But that is what makes you YOU Hyun Seung. You were one of the members that flew under the radar and I am happy to see that you are getting a lot more recognition now because it's your time to shine.



YONG JUN HYUNG. An 89-er and one of the sickest rappers I have ever heard. Oh Junhyung...where do I start? With my track record, I always tend to go for the rappers. So I should have seen this coming. But months later it was more than because you were a rapper. You are one talented guy Junhyung. I still remember the day when I got my "B2ST is the Best" album and say your name next to the 'Rap by' I was amazed. This guy has written basically every rap that in all of the songs and they're not just simple raps. Nope. Read the translation and it makes you wonder how they can be so deep and passionate. It just makes me imagine that you've got a lot of experience Junhyung for you write these kind of raps. Now, even though he wasn't under that radar as much as Hyun Seung was...he had this BAMF image where he had to be serious and such. I guess it had to take a year because these last months I have been witnessing spazztic Junhyung who is going crazy and showing me his eye smile more often. I can only assume Junhyung that you are letting this side of you be known to us B2UTIES which makes me happy because I see it as getting closer to your fans. By allowing yourself to act this way for your fans to see is a privilege that I'm sure we will not disregard. Well...I at least know that I won't. So please Junhyung, continue to open yourself up more and write more of your amazing rap lyrics.



YANG YO SEOB. A 90-er and the main vocalist of the group. He is possibly the reason why I wanted to get to know B2ST more. I clearly remember when I was randomly watching their MTV B2ST show that showed them preparing for their showcase...and it was RAW mind you. There was no subs...I just watched it. One quick short scene of a guy playing around with a pen in his mouth..who pouted after getting a tap on the head for putting the pen in his mouth. Once I saw that pout, I was pretty much a goner. Also, dark hair or blonde hair...he is still the same goofy and hyper Yoseob that never fails to brighten my day. He just seems to be full of life and I would love to have that kind of energy around me. I hope you never change. Then there is the fact that he has an AMAZING voice. He can basically sing most genres which is a plus in the industry. His soothing voice makes me melt inside while his rough and tough voice like in SHOCK just drives me crazy. But one thing I know about this guy is that he has one of the worst immune systems that I have ever seen. When is Yoseob NOT sick?! So please Yoseob, drink orange juice or take vitamin C. I think I can say on the behalf of all the B2UTIES out there that we want you to be healthy and strong.



LEE KI KWANG. A 90-er and in charge dancing along with the upper body. Even though Kikwang didn't really make it as AJ, there was a reason that it did not go as planned. By putting him in B2ST and being part of a group I believe worked out better for him. This is another guy that I think has it all. He has a great body, good voice, talented dancer, MC skills, gagman instinct, and has the ability to turn on the SEXY and switch to CUTE in only a matter of seconds. Now, he really didn't make much on an impact on me. I really don't know why...but better late than never right? His laughter is so contagious that you can't help but join along...even if you don't know what the hell he's laughing at. One thing that I have to acknowledge about Kikwang here is how much of a hard worker he is. While he's doing music performance he also has to do taping for Hot Brothers and Win Win. I can't imagine when he even has time to sleep and relax. Then you see him on screen and you don't even see an ounce of tiredness or fatigue from him. I have much respect him.


SON DONG WOON. A 91-er and the MAKNAE of the group. Now I have to give this guy the MOST IMPROVED award. He was the last one to be added into B2ST and in my opinion, he still needed to work on a couple of things. Dongwoon is someone who has raw talent that just needs to be honed and polished. Comeback after comeback they gave him more lines to sing and his vocal abilities have gotten much better. You guys seriously cannot comprehend how happy I was to see this amazing development! It didn't hit me how much he has gotten better until I recently watched them on Narsha's radio show and Dongwoon sang live. I was really surprised and blown away at how AMAZING his sounded. Oh! Another development is that Dongwoon isn't under the radar anymore! Like Hyunseung, he did not have a lot of air time and you rarely saw much of him. Now he's branching out and we're getting to see him personality a lot more now! Yay! He has this awkward humor about him that you just have to love. Dongwoon, continue to grow and get better...reach that potential that I know that you have. I want to keep getting blown away by your talent. I know you won't let me down Dongwoon. Besides, we're both in the 91 line. Yea chingu?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now a year has passed and this is how you guys look now. I sense professionalism and maturity as I look at his picture. They all have endured hardships and persevered. They have reached their goal of becoming a singer and now new goals have been created for them to achieve. B2ST, you guys have really helped me out in various moments in my life. You guys literally bring joy in my life and I have no idea how I can pay you all back for everything. I feel as if just merely cheering for you all here in the US isn't enough. Then when I go and decided to buy gifts for some of you, you go and wear them making me feel like one of the luckiest B2UTIES out there.

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSAY BEAST!

Thank you so much for existing and being who you are.

KxF

6 comments:

  1. haha. I know! our boys are growing up so fast ㅠ...ㅠ
    ---
    I know right its totally like opposites with Hyunseung and Yoseob with us lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! OMG. first of all, I can't believe it took me this long to find this site! its effin' OSM! and now that i have, i'll be sure to be a regular visitor, Love your work .. and i love B2ST too XD Keep up the good work, you have gained another fan. Peace X
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawww this is a fantastic post!
    91-LINE FTW! <3
    I hope Beast knows how much we love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG YOSEOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah...! i love dongwoon oppa..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love ur post dear... these are all from the bottom of ur heart. i can say u r sincere posting this :)

    ReplyDelete