You visted? Whoa...thanks.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 3 - Your Favorite Cover of Theirs

Hmm...a favorite cover of theirs...it took me a while to actually pick just one. I also wasn't sure if the question referred to the whole group or a cover that one or two members did together. Also, they really haven't done much covers if you think about it. But I decided to go with a cover that all of the members did together. So, here it is.


As you can see from how they look like, this was during Bad Girls so this is a pretty old video of them singing...but I absolutely loved them singing this song. The song is called "Despite Holding On" by Noel. There are a couple of reasons why I opted on picking this one.
  • Junhyung actually sang! Yes...he didn't rap, he SANG the first 2-4 lines of the song. This was when I realized and KNEW that Junhyung can ALSO sing and not just RAP. Sure, compared to the others it doesn't hold up. But Junhyung has this raw and low voice that I'm sure if he continues to get trained he will sound great. I also think this is the first time that I heard him sing live.
  • All of them sang absolutely well. I mean, even Dongwoon sounded really great! Now, all you Dongwoon fans...don't start sharpening your pitchforks and charging after me. I'm not saying that Dongwoon is a bad singer. I'm just eluding to the fact that Dongwoon has been practicing a lot and this is the outcome. I actually think that his voice matches very well with Yoseob's when they were singing the chorus and you can hear Dongwoon's voice in the background. I'm just so happy and proud seeing the improvements coming out of our maknae.
  • Lastly, you can truly see the passion and emotion that they put into this song. I can truly feel the song and I applaud them for this great cover. It's a great ballad and made me glad to say that not only are these guys good-looking and amazing dancers, but they've got amazing voices.
Now, they may be some of you who are thinking, "Why didn't she post up the M!NET performance of this song?" Oh! You mean this performance?


Okay, let me tell you why I didn't choose this perf and decided with the radio performance. It's not that I didn't like how they sounded here. This is another great and solid performance. But I just felt like they sounded too controlled here and the arrangement is different. So, it's pretty simple enough to say that I just preferred the radio version much better. I just thought that in their radio performance their voices sounded to unrestricted and they just went for it. Now, I agree with the face that the performance here in M!NET is much more polished and refined...and if that's why you prefer then listen to this one. But I hope that you guys can sort of understand what I'm talking about if you decide to listen to BOTH videos.

So....that's that! My favorite covers of theirs....Despite Holding On by Noel.

KxF

2 comments:

  1. This is...........really irrelevent but I found some pictures of Hyunseung wearing a gray beanie thingy and this website has clearer, up close pictures of him wearing it and I wondered if it was yours :D

    fuckyeahhyunseung.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete