You visted? Whoa...thanks.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 2 - Your Favorite Song of Theirs

Now it is Day 2 of the B2ST Day challenge. Here is my favorite song of theirs.


This song is titled, "Take Care of my Girlfriend (Say No)" from their second mini album, Shock of the New Era. Despite the fact that the music video looks like it was rushed or this was really their concept, I absolutely love the lyrics to this song. The main reason why is probably because the lyrics are so true and typical when it comes to relationships. I purposely chose this specific youtube video because it comes along with the english translation. Read the lyrics as you watch the music video.

Or, I can just give you the gist of what the song is about.

The song is mainly centered around how a guy is being asked from his friend if he can date his ex-girlfriend. Even though the guy is still in love and hurting, he acts cool and tells his friend that he can go ahead and date his ex-girlfriend since they have nothing left anyways. But in reality, he wants the girl to "say no" because he's still hoping that the girl's heart is still waiting for him.

Whenever I listen to a B2ST song, I always forget that all of the raps were written by Junhyung. It's interesting that most of his lyrics that he creates are mostly about love and relationships. Now, even though the thought that the only reason why he has so much inspiration to write those lyrics is because he's been with a couple of girls already bothers me....they are truly good.

These are the two raps that he wrote for this song.

That that that that that’s ok
Get get get get away
“It’s okay I guess since there’s not much left from our relationship
Stop apologizing, I’m not that hurt anyways
Just please be a better boyfriend to her”

“She can’t drink much, hates the fume of cigarettes,
She hates being alone, so be with her always
And make sure you always…always remember her birthday”
Not even sure why I had told him all this

Okay, who hurt you Junhyung? Like...seriously. I would think that if this was truly from experience, I would think that Junhyung would stand up and get the girl again realizing that he wants to be with her again. But I guess that's not the case. Referring to the first verse, that is such a typical situation. I know that if I was in that situation I wouldn't speak up and continue to hurt by myself. The same goes for the second rap. It looks like you love the girl so much that you find yourself giving advice about the girl you still love to a man who's going to take her away. But trust me, read all of the lyrics.

So, this is my favorite B2ST song so far. It's a bittersweet song with meaningful lyrics. I totally recommend this song to anyone...well, to people who listen to kpop. Enjoy it!

[NOTE] - Okay. I had to change the youtube vid since the one I used before got removed. So this vid does not have translations like the other did. I just wanted to put that out there.

KxF

No comments:

Post a Comment